AngelFish Tank In Need Of A School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I plan on adding 3-5 AngelFish to my 55 gallon Aquarium. I want to have a school off at least 6 fish to cover the top or middle of my aquarium. Nothing Small, I want a active school that wont become food or fin nip my other fishes. don't recommend rummy-nose tetras because I checked and there's none at my local pet stores. -Ps Im new to this so sorry if this is in the wrong spot but last I heard was that angelfish where cichlids.

Look into rainbow fish, there are many species, just avoid the dwarf species like gertrudae, threadfin, etc.

Bleeding heart tetras
Congo tetras
Lemon tetras
Marble hatchets (basically top level swimmers)

If going with tetras, I'd do a dozen, if rainbows, probably 6

Do you mean "Turquoise RainbowFish" and "Australian RainbowFish" because I just did a little research on them and saw they can get pretty big. Would 6 be pushing it in my stocking? I'm still not sure if they will show aggression to angelfish. I would hate to have angelfish with torn fins.

Yes those larger bodied rainbows. If all you are doing is the angels and then the school, yes you'd be fine. They aren't nippers or aggressive, but they are fast moving and may bump into the angels, but that's about it.

Buenos aires tetra is another good option

Thanks, Im gonna do some research on the RainbowFish.

Scissor tail rasboras are not very colorful but a school of them is amazing.

Wow, the scissortails are really nice. I'm gonna get 6 of thoses (atleast) and maybe a couple RainbowFish. Do they need to be in a school?

Back
Top Bottom