Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPKeenan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK, sort of right area to ask as they are Cichlids.

I know there are varieties of Angels that are black and white. I was wondering if anyone knew of a species that would be more of a yellow color and one that is more of a reddish color. The Koi kinds are a bit too orange for what I am looking for.

sort of a joke but I want the "4 Angelfish of the Apocalypse" in the 30g which is STILL cycling. Death, Famine, War, and Pestilence. I am not a big bible person but though it would be cute to have them and the colors of the horses they ride... plus the whole angel joke. And the bit about angelfish not being as peaceful and gentle as thier name implies.

sort of a joke but I want the "4 Angelfish of the Apocalypse" in the 30g which is STILL cycling. Death, Famine, War, and Pestilence. I am not a big bible person but though it would be cute to have them and the colors of the horses they ride... plus the whole angel joke. And the bit about angelfish not being as peaceful and gentle as thier name implies.

LOL I like the idea! I have 3 in a 29G and they are fighting a lot now. I should have researched them out a little more before buying...

I've never seen a reddish one before, but I think they exist out there somewhere. lol

I may need to go with a Koi kind to get the reddish :(

The 20g and 30g I have are both community tanks, have two angels in both (total of 4) and so far they seem to be nice to each other and play well with the other fish. From what I have gathered it is as much the personality of the individual fish as it is their species.

With the 3 you might have a bonded pair and the other fish is jealous or the male is showing his machismo towards another male.

There are 3-4 species of angelfish, most commonly seen in the hobby is P. scalare. The color morphs/varieties of this species are numerous. Currently breeders are working on a more solidly colored red angelfish, which doesn't yet exist but soon may. You are going to have a hard time finding something completely red. You might want to looking into golds or other variants and then redden them up with beta carotene, astaxanthin, or other natural enhancers.

Mine reddened up with septecemia!

I have a what I call a barred marble due to the black DNA looking bars of black on a silver body. Her fin edges are a reddish brown. I am going to get some of the "Holstein" angels I seen at the petsmart. Bloodworms redden them up too.

If you check out anubisdesign Mark gets red angels quite often but they are high priced.

There is no such thing as a solid red angelfish like the OP is looking for. What Mark gets in are most likely wild angels that have more of a red tinge to them or the German reds, which have lots of deep orange to them but also much black and white as well.

Well reddish might be good enough. I don't think I have ever seen a cherry red horse in real life.

Like I said I am not a bible thumper but thought the idea was funny and want to stick to the colors they have for the 4 horsemen ;).

Back
Top Bottom