Angels unusually perky lately

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomK2

Aquarium Advice Addict
I thought my Angels were acting a little weird. Unusually perky. Very active. Mad dashes in the tank. I discovered the reason today. Platy Fry in the tank! Nothing makes your angels happier than some live food to hunt. Poor little buggers. I dropped some frozen Baby Brine Shrimp in the tank to give them something to eat. They are going to need a lot of energy to avoid their tankmates. I am not sure how many there are. The ones in there that have survived are very clever at hiding. As long as they don't pick the filter intakes to hide in, they at least have a chance.

Congrats Tom! Are you going to try and raise them, or will they pretty much be fish food?

Fishyfanatic said:
Congrats Tom! Are you going to try and raise them, or will they pretty much be fish food?
I already raised a small batch of platy fry. doubled my platy stock from six to 12. So any future fry will just have to tough it out in the tank. If they make it, they are welcome in my tank. It is interesting to watch how adept they are at hiding and evading. But I don't see how they could get much food to grow under community tank conditions. One day I might notice thirteen platy instead of twelve, we shall see.

I am reasonably certain that I have had multiple batches before that were gobbled up. I just happen to catch the Angel hunting this one, and the hunting behavior caught my eye. The angels are always looking for food, but the excitement of the hunt is hard to miss.

Back
Top Bottom