Another Fish ID Please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
4d756c6c6574746.jpg

Thanks In Advance!!

You may want to just PM the member of Cichlid Forum and ask him. I've never seen a Mbuna like that before.

thanks guys. I pmed the guy that posted up the picture, so hopefully he will let me know :D

Looks like a latifasciata cross.

astatolat.jpg

They are actually from a lake north of victoria (Lake Nawampasa) and the "purebred" species are endangered.
Mind you I do recall seeing something similar to that in your pictures, but for the love of me cannot recall what they labelled it as..I'm a bit doubtful as to it being anything less then man-made though.
scuse my negativity.

Beautiful fish none-the-less

yea, i would like to find out if my lfs can get some of these guys in. May build a tank around them :D They are really pretty ;)

Definitely a Victorian species, possibly Pundamilla (?) I've seen several different color morphs of several species somewhere along the line, but don't know them well enough for a positive ID. P. nyereri comes to mind, but it may be another, closely related species.

yea, LWB, as a matter of fact, the second pic i posted came off of that website. I did a google search for the name that Fishy posted, and came back with that link.

Looks very close, definitely the closest to any other pics I have looked at since I saw the original posted picture.

Hopefully the guy that posted the picture will give me a definite name, I will let you guys know if he does.

Thanks again for the id's.

That's what I thought hsherman. If you look at the specie on the cichlid-forum it looked VERY similar to the picture that you posted. Not a man made fish.

Back
Top Bottom