Another try at identifying my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know the 2 yellows are labs but, I have been told that the blue ones look like kenyi's by a few people and that they look like peacocks by a few people. I tried to take a video that showed them the best I could. The golden brown fish is supposedly a peacock as well but I would like to verify. And I think the small white fish, the shy one that doesnt come out much, is an albino Zebra but I want to be sure. It is the smallest and completely runs my tank :)

I have to post a vid because the shutter on my camera just isnt fast enough to catch these guys with out blurring.

The little blue ones with vertical stripes ARE kenyi. The white one is an albino zebra. The little tan one I don't know about. Hope this helps.

The little blue ones with vertical stripes ARE kenyi. The white one is an albino zebra. The little tan one I don't know about. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I thought they were definitely kenyi but had to be sire as I was told different. I believe they are bouth going to be female as the blue color is really starting to come out.

I agree with the blue ones being kenyi, but the white one looks like a white socolofi. Albinos of any species will have red eyes. If they eyes arent red, it is just a white fish, not albino.

I agree with the blue ones being kenyi, but the white one looks like a white socolofi. Albinos of any species will have red eyes. If they eyes arent red, it is just a white fish, not albino.

Its eyes are red. The camera didnt pick that up for some reason. its fins are pale blue too.

White socolofi's (common name 'snowflake socolofi's') are albino's (not white morphs) so red eyes are expected.

Classic socolofi 'torpedo' shaped body at 2:08-2:10 in the video.

White socolofi's (common name 'snowflake socolofi's') are albino's (not white morphs) so red eyes are expected.

Classic socolofi 'torpedo' shaped body at 2:08-2:10 in the video.

Do they have pale blue fins? This fish has very, VERY pale blue fins. It is also quite aggressive.

EDIT: Just did a google search and that is EXACTLY what it looks like :) Thanks for the ID!

Back
Top Bottom