Any Equipment/Fish I should get this weekend for my empty 75?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a running 75 gallon thats currently empty because I sold all my other previous fish
It has a canister filter on it, and 2 Aquaclear 110's, any cool fish i should get? Say a fish that gets 8-11 inches? Any cool suggestions cichlid wise? Thanks! :)

What aggression type? Origin preference? Color preference? How will you have the tank set up? Wet pet? Gentle giant? Rare? Common?

Looking for one thats generally peaceful, gentle giant, I have a plastic plant with a sand bottom, and It really doesnt matter to me if there rare or common. Sorry I wasnt being specific haha

No it's cool! Just wanted to ask to better answer! Chocolate cichlids are a good gentle giant, bocourti are a bigger one as well(14" though). My favorite are uaru, either species, although they are tough to keep and even tougher to get to adult size. Still an amazing fish with an awesome personality, often called the "poor man's discus" although nowadays, they're much less common than discus. My default is a uaru

Okay, I like those, how about Aggressive fish? Something a bit less common but easy to buy online or at a store.

Herichthys, parachromis, and amphilophus would all be great genera to look into

Maybe amphilophus lysoni? Or hoogaboomorum? (I probably spelled that wrong, it's such a ridiculous species name lol)

Back
Top Bottom