any love oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Treatment is not the same. HITH is a parasitic infection from Hexamita and Spironucleous spp. and responds as such with metrozoidale, also produces a milky white discharge from infected area. Where as HLLE does not respond to any medications and is generally caused by water quality and a poor diet.

There a dozens of reports I've read about all crap you read on forums regarding carbon and stray voltage but the simple fact is diet and water quality addresses HLLE and not HITH due to the presence of a parasitic infection. A quick read from Pablo..

Hole in head, lateral line, fin erosion - Fish Food And Disease - New Life Spectrum Fish Food Forum

Nice to see you back on again, its been a while. :flowers:

Treatment is not the same. HITH is a parasitic infection from Hexamita and Spironucleous spp. and responds as such with metrozoidale, also produces a milky white discharge from infected area. Where as HLLE does not respond to any medications and is generally caused by water quality and a poor diet.

There a dozens of reports I've read about all crap you read on forums regarding carbon and stray voltage but the simple fact is diet and water quality addresses HLLE and not HITH due to the presence of a parasitic infection. A quick read from Pablo..

http://www.newlife.ipbhost.com/forums/topic/67-hole-in-head-lateral-line-fin-erosion/

Fwiw, as far as crap on forums that I read, hardly compare to a salesman with "secrets". Absolutely no scientific data supplied to be able to agree or disagree with you though.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

There may not be any data explaining exactly what is happening during the break down of the skin cells that results in holes, but it is common knowledge amongst fish keepers, especially guys like me that have been doing it do almost 30 years, that bad living conditions(bad diet and water) is the cause and clean water is the cure. I have never caused a fish to have HLLE but have cured a few.

Fwiw, as far as crap on forums that I read, hardly compare to a salesman with "secrets". Absolutely no scientific data supplied to be able to agree or disagree with you though.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

I have given the Shedd Aquarium here nearly 30 fish over the years with HLLE and HITH symptoms and out of that number only three tested positive for Hexamita/Spironucleous spp.

have u noticed on oscar they have that colour pattern and near tail it looks like an eye, im sure I read this is to warn off any sneaky come behind attacks, I had a book once it said oscars would have piranhas swimming near by and the colour pattern would kind of stop the attacks. is this true? my tiger oscar had a red circle on the tail it looked like an eye watching u lol

Back
Top Bottom