Any one have a 125 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herotilapia_Multispinosa

Aquarium Advice Freak
My dream world where fish is all that matters.
I am planning my dream tank which is a 125 gallon. I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions on filtration as I have never had a tank over 30 gallons.... Also fish what would be some good tank mates for a 125? I'm thinking amazon or central American. I really like peacock bass (cichla intermedia) what could go with them?

I went with the fluval fx5 for my 125g cichlids. I don't regret one penny of the 234$ I spent. :-D

I'm not sure on your stocking ideas, i keep african malawi ones.

I agree with the fluval FX5. It is good up to 400g. I always divide it in half though. So I just consider it good up to 200g... It is self priming. All you need to do is add 2g of water and turn it on after sealing. You can adjust the water flow and spray bar. Very quiet. It turns off and let the trapped air out once a day.

Edit: I don't have any experience with other brands though. I read that eheim is better but more expensive and I think you won't need to add water to prime. I'm not sure though.

I'm Running a eheim 2217 on one side of my 130g tank and a aqua clear 110 on the other side. Eheims working good, was going to go with fx5 but found this eheim at a deal

I have 2 aquaclear 110's and an air-driven hydrosponge in my 125. I wouldn't keep any fish that grows to 18" in that size tank though, not much swimming space when they get big.

I have a Penn plax ( fir 100g) and a 205 on my 55 g tropical, two fluval 205 on my sons 44 g convict tank and 2 Rena xp3 on my 90 g with two small jack dempseys and a few convicts and right now a Rena xp4 ( with seeded baskets from my 90 g) on my 140 that came with it, ( just set up this weekend) my fluval fx5 will be here for that tank tomorrow :) I love the ease of buying bulk filtration and cost effectiveness.

I prefer canisters over HOB's for tanks over 75g. It's just my personal preference. I have a 125 with a fluval 305, fluval 405, and rena xp3. It's not a cichlid tank, just a heavily planted tank with a few tetras and some rainbows, but the ability to direct the flow is what I like about canisters.

Back
Top Bottom