Any red cichlids??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bully405Customz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a pair of sunshine peacocks and a pair of marmalade cat fuelleborni. My girlfriend want some red fish, so I was wondering what would be a good option? If there is any that is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well there are a few options all peacock cichlids
Aulonocara jacobfreibergi

Aulonocara firefish

Aulonocara sp.german red

Aulonocara rubescens

All are striking cichlids and would be a beautiful addition to any tank.
Hope this helps

It should be big enough for two males, like with any cichlids just provide lots of territories/ breaks in lines in sight.

You will most likely end up with hybrids if I remember correctly all Peacocks are Aulonocaras which means they can interbreed. Thats one of the reasons I only kept one type in my 55.

Bully405Customz said:
I'll probably stick to one kind. Id like to sell them because my male is so pretty!

Sounds good, if I had the room/money I would love line breed a couple types of peacocks like Aulonocara rubescens. IMO a tank with a breeding colony in it would be quite stunning.

An adult male dollar sunfish might be an option also, not sure how it'd go with the current stocking though, have never tried it, but here's a picture of one and a warmouth from nanfa.org
2338183170102862620S600x600Q85.jpg

Haha I was just kidding. I was talking about the saltwater redfish. Also known as red drum. A gamefish.

Back
Top Bottom