Anyone know what this fish is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjb0333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Picked this up at the LFS and they said they thought it was a convict but they were not sure. Just wondering if it is and if not what is it?

Attachments

• dscf1131_877.jpg
    dscf1131_877.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 31
  • dscf1127_466.jpg
    dscf1127_466.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 32
I don't think it is a T-bar, looks like a convict... usually in a T-bar, the black line goes way up into the dorsal fins, and creates a black section of the fin, but don't quote me on that!

Looks like a T-Bar to me - don't Convicts have much more pronounced striping? And that horizontal dark patch (though it doesn't appear to be continuous . . . photo?) crossing the vertical stripes is what puts the "T" in T-bar.

IMO we are looking at a Hybrid..probably has convict in it, but i am thinking it is not pure convict... both the T-bar and Redpoint are potential contributors to this fish's genetics IMO (though i am thinking probably T-bar)

Thanks for the help, I don't know if this makes a difference but it is defiantly the most aggressive fish in the tank. I also have in the same tank an Oscar, Jack Dempsey, Pink Convict and a Fire mouth Cichlid. It chases around all of the fish but takes a special interest in the pink convict.

My convicts can make their stripes more or less pronounced as they see fit... I bet within a few days, that guy is going to have some really dark, pronounced stripes... Whatever it is, I like it!

Back
Top Bottom