Apisto ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jconner3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ordered a few fish to replace some I lost after my move and I ordered a couple of "assorted apistogramma" but I have no idea which ones they are. Any ideas?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394154330.172486.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394154349.995691.jpg

Definitely not a laetacara and is definitely an apistogramma species. Viejita is a definite possibility.

Definitely not a laetacara and is definitely an apistogramma species. Viejita is a definite possibility.

Sorry freak viejita is definitely not a possibility for 2 reasons 1 the true A. Viejita is almost never imported, what we are sold as viejita are one strain of macmasteri or another and are almost always misidentified in most books (Uwe Römer's book cough cough) and 2 they are definitely not blue, so the fish in question are (drumroll please)...A sp. Steel blue and a rarely seen pair at that.

Here is what could be viejita but it may also be sp. schwartzkehl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1398165457530.jpg
    1398165457530.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 89
Wow, long time no see! If it was anyone but you, I'd question it, but I KNOW you know what you're talking about! Glad to see you chime in!

I'm with Gillie. 99% of all "Viejita's" are all misidentified Macmasteri's. From time to time I know of a source that get's true Viejita's but it's not often and they aren't cheap but gorgeous fish if you've ever seen one.

I'm with Gillie. 99% of all "Viejita's" are all misidentified Macmasteri's. From time to time I know of a source that get's true Viejita's but it's not often and they aren't cheap but gorgeous fish if you've ever seen one.

Are you talking about Jeff (I believe that's his name) at aquatic clarity? I know he got some fish in that may be true viejita or schwatzkehl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom