Apisto mysteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not Panduro, this is my pair for comparison.

Wow. Well that clears that up! Definitely not that. Based in what I've sen here, I think I have to say tefe blue pearl. But now I'm disappointed because as nice as mine look, yours are far more impressive! Very nice!

Wow. Well that clears that up! Definitely not that. Based in what I've sen here, I think I have to say tefe blue pearl. But now I'm disappointed because as nice as mine look, yours are far more impressive! Very nice!

Yeah, the awesome thing about panduro is that the sexual dimorphism is so great that you almost feel like you have 2 different Apistos!

But hey! Give your lil guy a break! Haha. He may not have grown fully into his colors yet. Here is a pic of my male tefe pearl blue (still a baby :))

image-2344375838.jpg

That female is in breeding dress, although there is sexual dimorphism, it's not THAT strong lol nice pair btw!

Your male is a bit washed out, probably stressed, he will more than likely start coloring up as he settles in a bit more. Definitely try to add some cover and caves, that'll help them calm significantly

Well, guys, I'm at a total and complete loss. Last week I spent a pretty hefty chunk of money on 2 more pairs of Apistos. Within 2 days, 1 of the rednecks was dead. Today, I found the other redneck dead and the male blue tefe struggling-he will not be successful. He will die, I'm certain. This after losing 3 cacatuoides... Literally, they were lost. I've yet to find a trace of them.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am seriously considering pulling every fish and just letting the plants grow for a while, then starting from scratch in a couple of months.

My water parameters are fine. 7.4 to 7.6 pH (it's slowly dropping). No ammonia, no nitrite, and nitrates fluctuate from 20 to 40. There's a trace of ammonia right now and nitrates are up to the 40 mark-I suspect courtesy of yet another dead fish. I'm really trying to do this right and am really disappointed and frustrated.

As expected, the male is dead. He was coloring up nicely and eating fine. Within a couple of hours, he was on his side in the back of the tank. He would swim in circles violently as if chasing his tail. I did my best to separate him, putting him into a large, empty breeder box within the tank. I only did this to try to keep other fish away from him hopefully reducing stress. It was a last ditched effort for a fish I knew wouldn't make it.

I have spent more money on 7 Apistos than what I probably paid for all the other fish together. I hate doing things wrong that hurt and or kill the fish. I just can't figure this one out.

i don't know if this is a single instance or apistos in general, but i did have 4/8 die on me when i got abatch of GBRs and gold rams. there's nothing wrong with my water and i only keep peaceful fish in the tank

Back
Top Bottom