Apistogramma nijsseni

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clb33

Aquarium Advice Activist
Dose anyone own these I'd like more information on them like tank size/setup... Also I'd like to know what yours look like in your tanks :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Nijsenni is a pretty typical apisto. You could do a pair in 10g tank or a trio in a 20g long.

Soft acidic waters if you want them to spawn. Female turns bright yellow during spawning, male has beautiful red/orange fringe on the caudal fin.

They are great parents and watching the female tend her fry is fascinating for me.

Cool I haven't been able to find them tho.... Any ideas as to where I could get 2

Ok thanks

:( I don't see any on there cite

Okay I also found some Laetacara Dorsigrea on Apsitogrammas form... Going to see if anyone's selling them

If I cannot get/find the Apistogramma nijsseni

Check out apistodave. Best dwarf cichlids youll find and thats where I got my curvisceps and my Panduro's. You will not find better apisto's

If you're looking for the Nijsenni, unless you're fairly well versed in Apisto's, you won't know the difference between the Panduro and Nijsenni. The females are easy to tell when they turn yellow but the males are very similar.

Ok ya I am not lol

Ok I was looking at Apistodaves lists on aquabidd and he's got L. Dorsigera!

But I'll still check out the Pourdo

Panduro**

Dorsigera are cool but pictures do them no justice. They are beautiful in person with all the red on the underside. "Red Breasted Acaras" is what they're known as and very nice fish.

Yea but he wants 40 just to ship them... Possibly more I don't have that kind of $$

Back
Top Bottom