Apistogrammas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drummerj

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know where I can order apistogrammas online for a decent price? I finally figured out what to do with my new 125.

Jchillin said:
Try Aquabid. While there, look up Apisto dave while there.
if your plan is to order them online then i agree totaly, if it was me i would first check around for a local breeder.

good luck :D

Not to discourage you from ApistoDave, but I have heard the same thing over and over: people ask for a pair and are sent 2 of the same sex. This seems to happen quite frequently with him. Even after people saying that they ordered a pair and were sent the wrong thing, he sent the wrong thing AGAIN. He has some nice fish but I don't know if I would trust him. I think I remember there being a complaint about him on this forum even for the exact same reason as mentioned above. Just do some checking around on him.

Look up the Apistogramma Study Group's website: they should have resources that list breeders. Maybe someone'll be local for you.

As far as the negative comments about Dave: I've never done business with him, but I've known him for quite some time through another fish forum. He's always struck me as a friendly, stand-up guy and I'm sure any mistakes made in orders were truly mistakes.

I tried to find the complaint(s) about him but I was unable to come up with anything other than good things about him. I would give him a try.

Back
Top Bottom