Apistos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie_dave

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have bought 2 apistogramma cacatuoides today and one of them seems to be quivering as if he is displaying but the guy I got them off said they were 2 males the pic is of one but I cannot find the other to take a photo to see if anyone could tell if it's female

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397235159.660090.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397235159.660090.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 93
This is a fem, you keep 6+ males or one male, the 2 males you have will be one soon enough. Shame on the guy who sold you 2 males...

image-443439175.jpg

You should take the huge one back and grow out the little guy.. Maybe get a fem when the Lfs gets one in??

Yeah I think I will, I don't understand why he did that then sold me a pair of not sure if they are called kribensis ( Pelvicachromis pulcher)
or gold rams because he was selling them as krib gold rams

These are the krib gold rams but I have been reading and it alternative out she is ready to bump uglys because her belly is pink

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397235925.580968.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397235925.580968.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 76
Those are kribs, if you have a mf pair they will wreak havoc on your tank during spawning.. You should really do a little research prior to purchasing fish, especially from a guy making up his own species, gold rams are color morphs of German rams, not related to kribs, if pick one cichlid and stick with in a community tank..

All's well that ends well! Take em back, surely mr. Know it all will accept his prized golden ram kribs back;)

Back
Top Bottom