Apistos, angels, rams & tetras...oh my!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyred

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would Apistogrammas be okay in a 55 with 4 juvie angels, 2 blue rams, cardinal & rummynose tetras, and a few stupid platies? Any issues here?

I have found apistos more touchy than rams, but have kept rams and apistos together ina 50 with plants. I have never kept angel fish. Since the angels are juvies, things would probably be fine now, but I have no idea how it would play out over the long run.

Let's consider that Rams are Apistos, I have two adult Angels sharing a 75 gal with 4 German Blue and 5 Bolivian Rams. They have lived together like this for the past year. The Angels have spawned several times, so aggression between the two species are non-existent. Tetras are no problem unless you get too few serpaes, since serpaes are "known" to nippy.

I keep Apistogramma's 12 differnt spices and my Njissi's and Cockatoo double reds are in with GBR's, Red flags, Kribs, dwarf puffers, Bumbble bee gobys, Angels, Killi's and they've been like this for 1 1/2yrs. Never a single trouble even with the Kribs droping frys every 8 days. Now the Kribs get bossie around there cave but hey I'd get up-set if something tryed messing with my kidos too. LOL

Back
Top Bottom