AqualClear vs. Tetra vs. Marineland HOB Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. I wasn't aware - mine just said Fluval AquaClear --- probably no difference in actual machine if they are the same company. Thanks for clearing that up for me. (I guess they were referring to another Fluval filter then.)

The price point on the Aqueon is great, does anyone have any experience with their filters? Can the be fabricated or is it just better to buy them?

Like I said I have Aqueon products because they stand behind them and they are based in USA. also I have been able to use all kind of media without having to modify the actual filter housing itself. With the included media holder I have been able to use everything from sponge, floss, carbon, ceramic or others premade filters.

sounds good! Does anyone else have experience with Aqueon filters?

I have an aqueon on my 20 gallon and its really quiet! The water is really clear and when its pretty full, the filter is almost silent, i have it in my bedroom so i wanted a quiet one. I also have a Fluval C3. This is a great filter too, easier to remove and interchange media than the aquaclear and also pretty quiet.

Aquaclear and fluval are the same thing. Hagen is weeding out aquaclear and renaming everything fluval to make it simpler. So the aquaclear 110 and fluval 110 are the same thing

I am not a Aqueon rep but. Why?

It was loud and clanky. So I took it back and got another marineland. So I have two ac 110 an ac 70, an ac 20 which in IMO are the best. Then I have a marineland 350, 200, and 100. Which are also great and a top fin filter that does 80gph which IMO is better than the aqueon. It's simple and has pretty decent space to change up filter contents

It was loud and clanky. So I took it back and got another marineland. So I have two ac 110 an ac 70, an ac 20 which in IMO are the best. Then I have a marineland 350, 200, and 100. Which are also great and a top fin filter that does 80gph which IMO is better than the aqueon. It's simple and has pretty decent space to change up filter contents

Yeah I got an aqueon quietflow filter with a kit and it's really quiet for me, idk if you got a different model or maybe just something was broken. But yeah I like Aquaclears a lot too.

Got two 20H kits, both with aqueons... Mine must have been a lemon from the start. The other (a gift for someone) worked fine without the bright blue outflow thing in place.

I swapped mine for an aquaclear because I already had an ac50. Can't comment on longevity of a good, non DOA, aqueon since mine quickly stopped working.

I know Aqueon wasn't mentioned, but most are comparable anyways. What Aqueon excels in is customer service. Aqueon's lifetime guarantee is just that, lifetime. I had a 20+ year old heater that went kablooey, it was under an old brand name, mind you that Aqueon purchased and they honored the guarantee. With no issues. Companies like this deserve my business. Aqueon HOB are less expensive than marineland & fluval, a buck more than aquaclear but more powerful dollar for dollar. The filtering system area will except other cartridges or your own homemade media.

That filter is loud.

I have owned past present most of the filters mentioned. I have found them all pretty similar in performance. And with a lil bit of creativity the ability to use any media I want. With that being said I am biased towards Aqueon because of the customer service and its location.... any ways this is starting to sound like the American pick-up debate between Chevy, ford and dodge. And we all know what truck is best, right....

I have owned past present most of the filters mentioned. I have found them all pretty similar in performance. And with a lil bit of creativity the ability to use any media I want. With that being said I am biased towards Aqueon because of the customer service and its location.... any ways this is starting to sound like the American pick-up debate between Chevy, ford and dodge. And we all know what truck is best, right....

Toyota Tundra?

Got the Aqueon in the mail today. It has a lot more in tank presence than my Tetra does. The impeller assembly is in the tank along with the suction pipe. It's not loud at all thus far, but the aerator at the end of the filter in the return does make a babbling brook sound. My fish seem to enjoy the increase in water quality that has happened over the last few hours, or the current at the least as they are not huddled up around the return of the tetra and are enjoying much more of the tank. I was once told that you can never have too much filtration, I'm hoping that is the cae.

Back
Top Bottom