Are my blue rams both male?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are both males. IMO, you should take the less dominant one back and either have the male be alone or get a female.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I'd like to figure it out before the one dies. They have only been in there 3 days. There are 3 spotted Cory catfish, 5 black tetras, and 2 fantail goldfish in there also. The rams could care less about the other fish but randomly play with the gold fish. I am hoping that one of the rams is male and one female but I doubt it. It's a 30 gallon tank thats half planted half fake plants, but I've created what I feel like is two different sides with things blocking their line of sight. I've rambled enough

What size tank? The goldfish should be separated; they are coldwater fish and need a totally different setup than tropicals.

What size tank? The goldfish should be separated; they are coldwater fish and need a totally different setup than tropicals.

I agree, especially since rams prefer warmer water than a lot of tropicals even.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

The goldfish have found a new home. The temp is like 80-81... Everything is good.. Rams are awesome

Well yes they get along better. They aren't best friends and they aren't ever more than a few inches apart. But they don't fight

Back
Top Bottom