Are My Jewel's Going To Breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burnzee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I have been keeping African Cichlids for a long time now and I have Jewel Cichlids in with them I currently have them in a 50 Gallon tank with some Africans. I have had no compatibility issues whatsoever, I was skeptical when I was told they would be fine but they have been together almost a year now. In the past few weeks two of my jewels have really coloured up and look like they may of paired off they aren't getting very aggressive towards tank mates but I wonder if that's due to the nature of the tank mates. They seem to love a plant and almost guard it they are always either in it or around it. I am worried about them breeding as I have a very dominant male peacock in there, I am in the process of moving all of my Africans to the 120 but I've been battling with green water in there since setting it up. After I have moved all of the others out I would be delighted if they breed but is that what's happening? I have included a picture to show the colouration of them recently and the plant they seem to love so much.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=263282&stc=1&d=1423075581
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• jewel2.jpg
    jewel2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom