Are my rams going to spawn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
About a month and a half ago my GBRs had their first spawn and they are the eggs after 2 days. Since then my male has been chasing my female continuously. Now he has stopped and is not leaving her side and almost always has his fins up. The females belly is also redish black and she's showing signs of aggression which she has never done before. The male has also become a lot more aggressive to the other fish. It seems like they can't pick a good place because they just keep wandering around the tank together. There's plenty of spots for them tho.
So do you think they are going to spawn soon?

Wouldn't worry about, it's normal the for the first few times - practise makes perfect!
Also if the female is not ready and showing signs of tiring put the male in a separate tank for a while if you can till she gets her strength back, sometimes the male can chase so much it can end up with the death of the female.

Oh I see. In the past week or two. If she came out of hiding he would chase her and it was really annoying, but now sometimes he does that and sometimes he stays next to her. And while he chases her, she is chasin the keyholes. All hells breaking loose in my tank right now haha

Back
Top Bottom