Aulonocara breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaAussie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just took two peacock cichlids out of my 180g into a 15g as they were mating. The female has eggs in her mouth now. Can someone please tell me how long till they spit out fry? Should I take out the male? He seems to not be harassing her now she has eggs in her mouth. Also what species are they do you think?

Attachments

• image-2072740684.jpg
    image-2072740684.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 95
Thanks mate I removed the male and put him back on the bigger tank.

I had another female in the tank that I realized had had eggs in her mouth maybe a week longer so I removed her too after a lot of trouble. I had to remove the rocks and everything but she spat out all the eggs right when I go her out. I've out her in a tank now with this guy so hopefully in another month they will spawn. It takes about a month right for the females to have eggs again?

Attachments

• image-701360552.jpg
    image-701360552.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 70
I had another female in the tank that I realized had had eggs in her mouth maybe a week longer so I removed her too after a lot of trouble. I had to remove the rocks and everything but she spat out all the eggs right when I go her out. I've out her in a tank now with this guy so hopefully in another month they will spawn. It takes about a month right for the females to have eggs again?

Yea something like that, I really never kept track

Just had another female with eggs. They are breeding like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom