auto feeder or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrew McFadden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I'm going to be going on vacation for a week and a half I was going to use a auto feeder then decided ill just let them go. But now I'm worrying they will get to hungry and fight and kill one another. What does everyone think?

This is only if I don't have someone come feed them that I trust

They will be ok if you feed them right before you leave and not feed them for the week

They will be ok if you feed them right before you leave and not feed them for the week

So feed them like 3 small meals before I leave? I normally only feed once sometimes twice

They usually start acting hungry and chasing one another after so many hours in the 24 hours. So that's why I'm scared they will eat each other after a couple days. The turtle is for sure coming out I don't trust them with him or vise versa with no food

Last edited:
I'd do two small ones.....female brooders sometimes go weeks without eating while they're holding

I'd do two small ones.....female brooders sometimes go weeks without eating while they're holding
I added to my above post not sure if you seen
Ya I know but not all of them at once and the females are busy during that time. O guess ill just see how it goes maybe I can get this family member to come check on them half way threw the week to put me at ease. Listen to me I havent even left yet lol

I used gel feeders for a two week trip. Everyone made it through just fine. They don't self dissolve so fish pick @ them. I put one in each corner incase of Dom issues and all went well even w/ an overstocked tank. And had convict fry when I got back lol!

Defs take turtle out he will demolish everything in site

Defs take turtle out he will demolish everything in site

Well he is coming out before I leave its not him I don't really trust its the Cichlids. They have him in soooo much check he is scared to even get a bite of food. Lol when he gets something he runs and hides its a sissy turtle.

Andrew McFadden said:
Ok I'm going to be going on vacation for a week and a half I was going to use a auto feeder then decided ill just let them go. But now I'm worrying they will get to hungry and fight and kill one another. What does everyone think?

This is only if I don't have someone come feed them that I trust

Just one week? Nah don't get one. Those are junk. Don't overfeed before you leave. Just carry on as usual and turn off their lights before you leave. They will be just fine. No worries.

Labenator65000 said:
Just one week? Nah don't get one. Those are junk. Don't overfeed before you leave. Just carry on as usual and turn off their lights before you leave. They will be just fine. No worries.

I agree. Feed and PWC before you go.

Labenator65000 said:

I'm not going to get one I'm just going to let it go thanks

Mumma.of.two said:
I agree. Feed and PWC before you go.

Thanks to you too mumma I did it I did it lol get it? O sorry stay on track umm ya thanks ;)

Lol first I heard of a turtle being scared mine eats every fish I put in and demolishes everything in the tank until now. Lol building something he won't be able to break.

Back
Top Bottom