Baby fish?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCoolFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
So this morning I was looking at a hole in the sand when suddenly a tiny cichlid popes out! However I'm not sure what type. I didn't plan for breeding. My golden Malawi (female) cichlid seems to be territory towards that area. However it's the only Malawi cichlid in there!
My current stock is:
4. Cory Catfish
2. Yellow labs (2-4 months apart in age) I think the older one is male and the younger one has been acting up latly.
2. Red zebras (2-5 months apart) older one is female younger one is hard to tell possible male
1. Female golden Malawi cichlid (mature)
1. Never found out the type but it's a cross
The fish right now has a mustard coloring. And what should I do? I have a small one gallon tank I can put it in.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430579512.455460.jpg

WOW! That's nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are all malawi cichlids...

Fry look to be labs but hard to tell without a better quality pic. Also by the pic with the red zebra and the yellow lab, the lab looks to be dominant over the red zebra just based on the zebras tucked fins and the lab on full display... furthering my guess at a yellow lab fry, BUT its not impossible that its a cross between both

Im suprised you didnt notice your fish holding or hiding or not eating

These are my red zebra fry...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1430671025542.jpg
    1430671025542.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 112
That would be pretty tough... next time keep a closer look on your fish and take the female out while shes still holding and a day or 2 after she releases the fry, put her back in the main tank

My only suggestion would be id to take all decor out of your tank and net them that way. Just not sure the stress on the fish would be very good for their survival

Survival of the fitest it is then

They seam to have been eating algae as of right now. I need them to grow big fast because I need to clean my tank pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom