Bad news.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aski247

Aquarium Advice Addict
I I just got home after being out of town for a little over 3 weeks. Come to find out my buddy who was to be stopping by and feeding my fish. Came by one time, dropped about 50 pellets into my RD tank and never came back. Needless to say they all rotted(for lack of a better word) absolutely polluted the water. My RD had what looked to be ick all over him and I just found him dead at the bottom of my tank.

Sooo super bummed out. I have had this fish for over a year and a half. He was so much fun to watch and interact with. I'm really gonna miss him. :(

Dang that's not good they have really cheap automatic feeders at wal-Mart you might wanna invest in for the next trip

I'm sorry to hear that, if that was my friend I could assure you there better be a good reason or I would not be calling him a friend much longer.

I recently lost every one of my festae, including my stunning female to some illness that killed them within days with no visual symptoms, so I understand the feeling!

Last edited:
Im sorry for ur losses, you guys had some beautiful fish.

Yeah I didn't think I would need a auto feeder. I mean a full grown man should be able to understand after telling them the feeding schedule all week before. It's just sheer laziness. Plane and simple.

I can't even tell if I'm more disapointed in losing my fish or in my friends behavior. Just sad to come home to this. And not even be given a decent reason as to why this happend.

Needless to say its going to take me a while before I talk to my friend after this one. They all know I don't have my own dog or cat, all my friends know I'm a fish guy. I just don't understand. It's as if my fish had less importance then another type of pet.

Sorry to hear the bad news. Next time do what I do, buy a 7 day pill container and put the amount of food that should be fed into each day's slot. All they have to do is come in, open the lid for that day and dump it in.

Fashionable-7-Day-Pill-Box-HB6220-.jpg

Heh I wish I could. But he was a very large fish so I fead him roughly 5 of the hakari gold large pellets. Sadly they would not all fit into one of them cases. It's all from the same bag. I would like to think a adult can count to 5. :(

Well I think you found out the answer to your last question, unfortunately. Actually the one I bought probably would fit those. Don't underestimate how many pills people take daily. LOL.

So a bit of cheerful news I been hanging out with some girlfriends today took them to my fav lfs, asked their opinion of a few fish and for my birthday next month. Festae from Rapps it is. She was like OH OH OH... "6 for how much?!? Yup that's what your getting!!!"

So next month for my birthday I'll be getting 6 hoping for a breeding pair.

Kinda put a smile on my poopoo day.

Festae are so 2010, there are loads of other fish to choose from. Don't get me wrong but I enjoyed them(except for her killing close to 100 fish) but personally they're just to trendy now.

27198-albums1492-picture38282.jpg

Here is my next venture, the Amphilophus lyonsi.

amphilophus-lyonsi-37.jpg

Last edited:
HUKIT said:
Festae are so 2010, there are loads of other fish to choose from. Don't get me wrong but I enjoyed them(except for her killing close to 100 fish) but personally they're just to trendy now.

Here is my next venture, the Amphilophus lyonsi.

It's all about the C.A.R.E.S. fish!!!!

Sorry to hear about the red devil. I remember you talking quite a bit about how much you enjoyed the fish.

Sounds like one friend you can scratch off the Christmas card list.

Good luck on your next fish, even if it is one of those trendy festae!

Back
Top Bottom