bad rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

13stingeln

Aquarium Advice Activist
If you have bad rock in your tank will it kill my whole tank or would they die one by one? Asking because I had my peacock die on me yesterday and now the other one is acting the same.... But all my other fish are acting fine and normal I'm lost

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I don't even know what kind of rock it is... I found it outside by my house I did scrub them and ran them under hot water and I tested vinegar on it? It didn't bubble or sizzle so I figured they be good. My tank got hit with ich awhile back but I had acouple survivors and everything has been fine... Until my peacocks started acting weird.... They are all eating and not spitting anything out. Idk if maybe there just picking on them to the point where there stressed. I just freak out about the rock but I've had the rock in there quite some time now... So stressful. I'll post a picture of the rock I have in there now.

Also I checked my water today and nothing has changed its all ok. Ugh

What size were the Peacock's compared to your Livingstonii. The Livingstonii is a predator. Did they have nipped fins and body scars from being picked on?

It bites when fish die.

The one that died was a pretty decent size id say like 3 inches.... He was beautiful and im sad... I never even thought about my livingstonii being a predator?! Yeah he had nipped fins but i didn't think it was that bad but I guess if the stress gets to them.

My livingstonii is smaller than the peacocks but not by much

Sorry about your fish, as hard as it sounds, fish die, stress diet and a lot of times not even our fault... meaning the history of the fish, where it came from and conditions it was raised.
How long did you have it before it died?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had him for atleast a good 3 months. I just feel so terrible when I lose one but I think I won't buy anymore peacocks with the stock I currently have now... Due to the aggression. He was big and in charge for the whole time I had him until he died. And he was so blue I loved it!!! So frustrating! Thank you for all your advice. :)

Back
Top Bottom