ball of dough babies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eko

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi every1. i stripped one of my small demasoni last week and got 18 fry. i just stripped one of my larger ones and got 4 fry, but after she released those 4 she coughed up a huge ball of doughy looking ball. what is this? dead fry? can i put it in my tumbler??? or will it kill my other babies if its dead and infects??

answer asap pls\

thank you

update on dough ball found in demasoni

yes and no. i tried to tumble it by it self but nothing happened. all i found in it was a peice of pellet. so im guessing she tried to eat and hold but she failed. only 5 survived her brooding and out of the 5 only 2 are left alive and healthy. but great news! she is holding again :)/ so ill put a pic of my setup and the fry from my first 2 spawns and a picture of my holding female. hopefully she wont mess up this time.

thanks for asking

they are doing great . they are in a 40g breeder. im trying to figure out hoe to get these photos up

here are the photos of the fry(the 2 survivors) there are 18 other fry in their but they are hiding :). also here are more photos of my setup. i have another one im working on for my 30 Mpimbwe blue frontosa i will be receiving this upcoming week. thanks & hope you like.
day

big papa

she is holding again :) and there are 2 more behind her but you cant see to well on this photo

night time

my breeding setup

Last edited:
hi every1. i stripped one of my small demasoni last week and got 18 fry. i just stripped one of my larger ones and got 4 fry, but after she released those 4 she coughed up a huge ball of doughy looking ball. what is this? dead fry? can i put it in my tumbler??? or will it kill my other babies if its dead and infects??

answer asap pls\

thank you

sounds like you may have stripped her too early?

Reactions: Eko
no i do it 18-22 days after they spawn and the 5 babies that came out first were almost done developing from their sack.

if i were you, id look in their mouth each day. when u see fry, wait 5 days and then strip. some fry take longer to develop. but from the sounds of it, it was a first-time mum and wont know how to fully spread the milt for best fertilisation. beautiful tanks btw!! xx

Reactions: Eko
yes i will do that right now actually . thank you. what tanks do you have? im having 30 f1 mpimbwe blue frontosa shipped this wednesday . im super excited ;)

well i have 3 40g breeder setup for 3 grups of ten. i plan on growing out 2 colonies and selling the remaining males to make back my money ;). then i will purchase 30 mobas and doing the same thing. so if everything goes well & god willing i hope they do. i will have 2 135g tanks with frontosa mpimbwe blue and 2 150g mobas breeding colonies. maybe a 2m 10-12 female ratio in each tank. 2 75g with demasoni breeding groups. and a 75g of breeding tropheus. thats the plan.

lol. ur welcomed ;-). i will be moving to texas soon and my gf and i are getting a 3 bedroom house. master bedroom with 2 75(she loves demasoni & they love her too). a game room for our ps3s & wii with 3 large tanks with moba & mpimbwe(2 135g & 1 150g), & our office will have a 75 with tropheus & 150 with mobas.

ahhh i see. very small and epic.
the house may contain half of the pacific, but it will be worth it :p
im expecting pics of the tanks when they come!!! xx

Back
Top Bottom