been waiting to post this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
added aquaclear 70

i cleaned the tank a little and did a water change. i noticed my flow coming out of the Fluval 305 canister filter was slowing.. i cleaned it and after 2 weeks its already full of muck so i added my bacterially developed aquaclear 70... its like super charging your tank lol... pics in a minute...

here is my filter set up

aquaclear 70 and fluval 305 canister
notice how much life is in my tank after only 2 1/2 weeks of set up
i have nice algae for the rubber nose pleco
i have fish growing at a healthy rate
and my filters are full of bacteria from my old tanks

Attachments

• aquaclear 70 001.jpg
    aquaclear 70 001.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 67
  • aquaclear 70 002.jpg
    aquaclear 70 002.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 71
  • aquaclear 70 003.jpg
    aquaclear 70 003.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 68
  • aquaclear 70 004.jpg
    aquaclear 70 004.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 78
circulation

when i first got this tank i had some new ideas about circulation. i would watch my circulation after feeding the fish.. this time is the perfect time to watch and figure out fan and powerhead placement. after the fish filled their little bellys i would go in the tank and move fans and power heads... now no waste collects at the bottom and the fish have a little current they swim in at the front of the tank... one fan blows toward the filter intakes, a undersand powerhead i adapted myself blows waste toward the canister filter intake. the other fan blows down slightly in the front to bring the fish forward for some swimming... the araetion bars in the back aid in surface and front to back current lifting food and fish waste to hit the fans and then the filters pick it up... all this happens in about five minutes no matter where the particle it get circulated into the filter... a rather smart circulation on my behalf... pics in a moment...

circulation flow model

these are pictures of key points in flow

Attachments

• circulation flow.jpg
    circulation flow.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 60
  • circulation 004.jpg
    circulation 004.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 54
  • circulation 003.jpg
    circulation 003.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 54
  • circulation 002.jpg
    circulation 002.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 53
Fishkeeper88 said:
should i add more hiding places for my fish?
i like the look of the scape right now but i am afraid the fish need more dens
they seem a little tense i spent 143 dollars on the four rocks inside
what should i do?

Pick up a $7 tube of aquarium sealant, harvest some stones from your yard,etc, and build your own rock-work. It's easy.

Back
Top Bottom