Beginner Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ACB710

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So, I am looking to invest in some angelfish for the first time. I would love some that were colourful but also a good kind to start as an angelfish owner. I might be interested in breeding in the future. Any recommendations?

The fancier they are the more line breed they are.
Get a group and grow them out. Let the fish pick and be ready to pull eggs

Angels are great fish. I currently have a group of 12 leopoldi growing out. I personally prefer the wild types. The pearl scales are pretty sexy

How do you think these fish will work out together

1 leopard pleco, 5 silver dollars, two angelfish, and two gold dojos.

Last edited:
Jessfreshwater, depending on the size of your tank, Angel fish, Plecos and Silver Dollars all go well together. I've never kept Dojos. If you get silver dollars, IMO the Spotted SD' s are the best choice. I've kept a large school of them for the past six years. They don't grow quite as large as some of the other varieties.

Attachments

• 20170525_200336.jpg
    20170525_200336.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 99
No sorry my bad, gave u the wrong name of one of the angels. Check out the pterophyllum scalar angel. If u like black, u'll love these. They r all black with ablue tint to them. They r what I'm getting next. Just trying to find a good deal on some baby's.

Back
Top Bottom