Beginner question about red parrot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cosmid

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I finally decided to set up the first aquarium in my life. It will be a 29 gallon fresh water tank. When I wandered in petsmart and aquatic shop I got seriously attracted by red parrot cichlids. I guess such a feeling has grown to illness now. The problem is, my tank is only 29 gallon. May I add 3 red parrots to my tank? I am actually thinking about 3 red parrot cichlids, 1 Osteoglossum bicirrohomus, 1 aglea eater, and maybe 3 black cilchlids as the same size of red parrots. I would appreciate any comment how to improve this set up. Thanks a lot.

Parrots grow far too big for a 29 gal tank. You amy want to rethink your stock. What kind of algea eater? What are the black cichlids?

Thanks man. I realized that this plan is too optimistic. I may do that until I have room and budget for a 55+ gallon tank. I am also interested in red devil. I can let a red devil have the whole tank, along with some rocks. Would you think it may work? Thanks.

I'm leary of that since Red Devils can grow quite large. Definitely not for a 29 gal tank. If you go the 29 gal route, how interested would you be in smaller community fish?

Back
Top Bottom