Best bottom feeder for malawi cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Douglas4701

Aquarium Advice Freak
What are you thinking? I have demasani which get maybe 4 inches. Some yellow labs. Tank is 36 inches long... 50 gal

A synodontis catfish is the most widely accepted non-cichlid to be compatible in a cichlid tank. It is endemic to lake Tanganika and a naturally compatible species. They are widely available, even in wal-mart. They are cool looking too, my favorites of the catfish.

I have 2 synodontis lucipinnis (think i spelled it right) i have had mine since they were a half inch.. which i have had them a month n a half n they are around 2 inches now.. mine seem to be very social n even steal food from my biggest yellow lab . I luv watchin them n i really considered not gettin them glad i changed my mind.. cant go wrong with them

So you got the synodontis multipunctatus? I think I read that they are the breed that come out in daylight.

What are you thinking? I have demasani which get maybe 4 inches. Some yellow labs. Tank is 36 inches long... 50 gal

Id look at some of the cool plecos, there are so many beutifully and rare breeds, you should search them up.:)

Plecoptera don't really mess with the sand though and the food particles that make it to it.

I have 5 synodontid petricola in my 180. They are out all the time during the day always looking for food.

Consider a Bristlenose Pleco is an Amazonian fish. They like lower PH and need driftwood to munch on. Plus some African Cichlids may eat their eyes.

Pick fish with same requirements. Preferably from same area if possible.

Synodontis are a good choice.

Didn't know haven't been into this for long someone just suggested one for my tank

Back
Top Bottom