Best Christmas Present!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coldmachineUK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My holding ps. saulosi female decided to let go today, Boxing Day :) The babies are gorgeous! She is guarding them well too :)

I managed to snap this little one who had ventured off away from his mother! (One of the adult males is in the background, but this isn't his father!)

333811724_b4ba8bd6c6_o.jpg

Not as good quality:
333809783_cb6966586b_o.jpg

Thanks ff :) It would be nice to see all the ram and angel posts moved here too, to save us all time looking across different forums :)

Gorgeous baby(ies)--congratulations and Merry Christmas. Nice present-did they have tiny red bows on them? THAT would be adorable.

Aww, thanks lisa that made me laugh, little babies with bows on, how cute would that be?! Although, very scary too if I randomly saw that in my tank!!! lol!

If it is general discussion of Angels/Rams/Etc they should be moved here. But breeding of those fish go in the breeding forum. Breeding of Africans go to the Cichlid forum since their technique is unique to Africans. :) I'll check the General Discussion forum for posts. Sometimes a few slip through the cracks.

Hehe, it's just 'cause I'm lazy :p lol. And you're right, there's definitely a different 'technique' involved!!! ;-)

Nah, they should be moved here anyway. :) Have you watched your Africans breed? It truly is a sight to see. Every once in a while I'll see the mating dance. The first time my boss saw it (I moved out 150 into my office) she freaked out and thought the heater had shorted out and it was electrocuting the tank.

Thx everyone! :)
As if on cue, a second female is now holding :) Looks like it's that time of year or there's something in the water ;-) Hehe.

I am so far keeping my females in the same tank. I know this means a lot of fry will be lost, but I have a lot of reorganising to do with other tanks before I can sort a growout tank. Right now there's three fry from the original batch, and they've been feeding out in the open without being bothered at all so I've high hopes they'll be ok at least.
Aggression levels have always been minimal in this tank, though probably I've jinxed it by saying that now! Right now all the fish are fine, just a few nudges as reminders!

The eventual plans will involve: moving a red-tailed shark either back to an LFS or to a spare 2' tank, and then giving his current temporary tank (my breeder) over to the cichlid fry for growout. If I can get rid of the shark at the LFS then I'll be using the 2' tank as the growout instead of my breeder.

Phew, it's like a juggling act but with fish tanks! lol

Back
Top Bottom