Best cichlid rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heavy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey what's up guys Im looking to buy some holy rocks or a type of decor I can give my cichlids some really good hiding spot. Especially for the little guys.

Thanks everyone

Hey what's up guys Im looking to buy some holy rocks or a type of decor I can give my cichlids some really good hiding spot. Especially for the little guys.

Thanks everyone

Lmao I said holy. Wow. I meant to say rock with holes

I vote slate... You can get it really cheap at any lowes or Home Depot and it looks great when you stack it

I cheated n bought cichlid stones but i also have some slate n my tank .. although i wish i woulda added some texas holey rock .. i think it just depends on what you like

Cichlid stones are great but I found one issue. Poop, you ain't getting it out lol. I still have a few though. I'm a HUGE fan of driftwood, I know it's not natural to here environment but I like it non the less.

image-1570773629.jpg

Cichlid stones are great but I found one issue. Poop, you ain't getting it out lol.

I actually dont have a problem with it.. lol i guess i am just a compulsive cleaner.. i do find it gets under the stones which i have on the bottom of the tank under the sand but i rearrange n clean enough its not a problem so far

Yeah that drift wood looks sweet. And I like the Texas holey rock, I think I have easier access to the slate I'm going to start with that. But the pic of CONVICTS tank got me wanting more drift wood. Lol thanks for the advice everyone

Stacked slate from Home Depot -7.99

Attachments

• image-2568082939.jpg
    image-2568082939.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 196
Can't beat that!

Well... I guess ya can, with a hammer to break it up hahaha!! I crack myself up lol.

i can beat that with free hahaha ;) the ones on the sand are from when we built our house and I collected them. If you have housing being built see if they care if you walk around and collect some.

ForumRunner_20130218_115510.jpg

The slate looks good, but I love the holey rock. I have to labs that can compete with any pair of rabbits out there, and the only reason a couple from each batch survive is the rock.

image-3630349868.jpg

image-1112382457.jpg

Back
Top Bottom