Best Day Ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
So me and the wife decide to go yardsale-ing today and after about 2 hrs the Texas heat is just to much for us were all sweaty and just wanted to be home! I decide to stop at one more on the way home, the wife of course finds all kinda of goodies and I'm just strolling around browsing. We were about to leave and I see a shimmer of glass from inside the garage. I ask about it and the father is persistent that it's not for sale it's his daughters blah blah blah, well I walk over to the young girl and ask her about it, she doesn't know much just that it was a gift and she isn't care much for fish, we walk over and pull the cover off of it, and there it is, a 37g bow front tank, marine land dual t5 aluminum light fixture, penguin 200 bio wheel filter, and aqueon 200w heater, she tell me she wants to just get rid of it and before i could offer a fair price she tells me $10! Well being the bargaining man that I am I put on my poker face and just start examining all the stuff carefully, and silently, then she blurts out $5! Just take it before my dad finds out, we wrap it up in the blanket and load it up. SCORE!

On the way home I decide to drop by petco and check out the selection, and what's still ALIVE lol after browsing around I see and nice solid wood 37g bow front stand with a 29g on it and decide to inquire about it, turns out the stand was on clearance for $20 flat! So I made out with a 37g bow front tank and stand with all equipment for $26.65! Today was a good day. Here's some pics!

Pics for you guys,

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130713_133321.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130713_133321.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 141
  • ForumRunner_20130713_133334.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130713_133334.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 133
  • ForumRunner_20130713_133349.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130713_133349.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 122
Wow, I would be FURIOUS if my kid sold a tank like that for so cheap! Great find, I wouldn't say no either, but I would have definitely paid a more fair price to the poor girl lol.

Wow, I would be FURIOUS if my kid sold a tank like that for so cheap! Great find, I wouldn't say no either, but I would have definitely paid a more fair price to the poor girl lol.

Its was a gift to her so I didn't feel bad for the father to much lol, but she was pretty glad to see it go, she looks kike she hadn't received an allowance in years lol

That is hilarious. How old was the daughter? I think its funny you snuck it outta there. Bravo!

Lol thanks, I'm a big guy too I'm 6'3 and wide haha she was maybe 17 something like that probably wanted gas money to be honest

Back
Top Bottom