Best dwarf cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a 36g planted tank with 5 Cories and 5 khuil loaches, and couple of tetras and a angel fish. I know everybody loves rams it seems, but I wanna know more. I'm not looking to breed or anything, I want something colorful. The other species I'm considering are:

Apistogramma cacatuoides
Rams
Key hole cichlids
Kribs

Which of these would be best.

Sorry to say but I don't think your tank is well suited for any dwarf cichlid, they're all going to want a good chunk of real estate on the bottom, I'm guessing you have a bowfront? You already have quite a bit if bottom dwellers...

You could try a solo ram if the tanks been up a while.. Just build some leaves tex structure and caves..

Tanks been up around 6-7 months I say. Prams are steady with a 30-40% water change each week and planted.
But I also no rams are really fragile ad can just kill over for no reason, especially te blues

What is the foot print of the tank?
EDIT I just looked and its 30"x15" That sound right? You mat get away with 1 keyhole but I think that would max you out on stock. Most keyholes are shy and really mellow.

I would say the cacatuoides would be best but you would want to remove the loaches from the tank as they utilize the same hiding spots

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom