Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Best dwarf cichlids for planted tank?

I have a planted tank with fluorite substrate, I just picked up a german blue ram but after doing a bit more research I don't anticipate him doing very well. My tank is a 20g long and I would like to have a breeding pair of dwarf cichlids. I would like something that can handle temps of around 78f-ish and won't touch the plants. I really love the GBR colors so I would like something that is also nice and bright like they are.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Rams, kribs, and apistos are pretty much all you could keep as a pair in a 20g... I've noticed my Bolivian rams love planted tanks and don't do that much damage

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
cichlid, cichlids, dwarf, dwarf cichlid, ich, plant, planted, planted tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com