Best lighting to bring out cichlid colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No light even comes close to natural sunlight bringing out color in peacocks. I have the marineland double bright, lights the tank well, but flushes there color. I only use it when feeding, when I turn it on they all rush to the top. Also the moon light is pretty nice.

Check www.buildmyled.com. I just got the dutch planted tank 6300k with dimmer switch and its awesome. Brings out the colors of everything so amazingly.

There's a 6500K LED on ebay for around $65 right now. I seen it. I got my first LED on ebay for $59.99 (Beamworks version 2) and my second on ebay for $71.95 (beamswork version 3 - one is obviously a knock-off can tell with spelling). Version 3 is amazing. And now it's only $67 on ebay. Both versions have moonlights, too. They are great. I love eBay. :)

I use a fluorescent bulb by Aqueon that works great, T8 and it says color enhancing on the box. That goes all the way across the tank then I was given a smaller marineland LED light with moon light also. The bulb and LEDs both on looks even more incredible. Only thing with fluorescent is that the bulb eventually fades unlike LED.

I agree, I have the beamworks lights... Ver 2 and 3... The ones on my malawi tank when switched from t5 was AWESOME! The blue really makes the colors POP...

There's a 6500K LED on ebay for around $65 right now. I seen it. I got my first LED on ebay for $59.99 (Beamworks version 2) and my second on ebay for $71.95 (beamswork version 3 - one is obviously a knock-off can tell with spelling). Version 3 is amazing. And now it's only $67 on ebay. Both versions have moonlights, too. They are great. I love eBay. :)

I bought one of those off eBay and love it. Here's my tank.

image-2762106906.jpg

Back
Top Bottom