Best Play Sand feom Lowes or Home Depot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay I was going to purchase the Cascade canister 110. Now should I put that on plus the tetra filter Im using w the tank I have already established? Also not rinsing the cichlid stones and plants. Another thing id like to add driftwood its fake says its doesnt affect PH should I leave that In my established tank before dropping it in the new one

The more "stuff" that you can get from the established tank into the new one the better. But the key is the filter media. Use the old stuff in the new filter. Bacteria will "jump" off the old media and seed the new filter. Are you testing? If you plan to keep peacocks know this. They are expensive. You don't want to guess anything. You need to be diligent in testing and upkeep. I recommend the API master test kit. I use some dead live rock from reef tanks in my peacock tank. The rock leaches bicarb into the water to buffer the water. Keeping PH stable is better than keeping is perfect. Additives that affect PH don't work for long. Like when you take a tums and heartburn comes back in an hour. The driftwood will be fine.

I have an api test kit and a couple of peacocks and mbunas in a 35 thats why im upgrading to a 75. Thanks for the help. Gald to stumble upon this forum. I feel like when I go to the LFS they either dont knownor give you false info to buy more of their products

You're welcome, I have gotten a lot of really good advice on here. I don't mind giving back. FYI just watch the mixing mbuna and Peacocks. As they mature they will not get along. I learned that the hard way.

Yup I think im going to trade in one of my mbunas. Hes blue w black strips tends to get a bit frisky. My colbolt blue, 2 red zebras and 2 yellow labs get along fine w my peacocks.

Yup I think im going to trade in one of my mbunas. Hes blue w black strips tends to get a bit frisky. My colbolt blue, 2 red zebras and 2 yellow labs get along fine w my peacocks.

Trust me..Just watch them closely. I have a lab who is a total jerk. He has killed a 65 dollar peacock. I learned the hard way

Back
Top Bottom