Besy way to catch fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebelyeller89

Aquarium Advice Freak
We are moving the middle of next month, while I'm not looking forward to moving the tank, I'm dreading even more catching the speedy devils in it. What is the least stressful way to clear out ten J. Transcriptus?

Yup, that would be the easist way.

Personally, I just go nice and slow n get them quick. I waited 45 minutes watching a LFS owner try to catch me a khuli loach. He was like, "ill be right back with a bigger net."

As soon as he walked away I grabbed the next he left in the tank, got the khuli in the clear holder, bagged 'em, and rubberbanded it by the time he got back haha.

Draiing the tank down to 30% water help the most, use the biggest net you can maneuver around the tank, and finally do this in the morning when are fish are slightly disorientated....and if that failed a toasted still plugged in dropped into the tank works wonders.

depends on the kind of fish,for most you can feed the tank and wait until everyone starts feeding,then sweep a net through,you can also just put some food in a net,sometimes works. for othgeres,like ottos,you just gotta drain the tank.

When you are breaking down the tank anyways just take out all decor and drain water so they have just enough to stay upright.

In a setup tank use two nets, one very large and one about 3-4", both with long handles. Get them into a corner using both nets then hold the large net up against the glass and bottom along the front. Then gently chase them into it with the smaller net. It is amazing how quickly and stress-free you can catch them with this method. I even did it blind (in a sump I couldn't see in).

When you are breaking down the tank anyways just take out all decor and drain water so they have just enough to stay upright.

In a setup tank use two nets, one very large and one about 3-4", both with long handles. Get them into a corner using both nets then hold the large net up against the glass and bottom along the front. Then gently chase them into it with the smaller net. It is amazing how quickly and stress-free you can catch them with this method. I even did it blind (in a sump I couldn't see in).

thats the only way i can catch mine too, wave a small white net (easily seen) in front of them and when they least expect it i scoop em with a large black net from the rear.

Back
Top Bottom