bettas with peaceful cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamestheace

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have a tank with mainly peaceful cichlids, kribs, blue rams, gold severum and rainbow cichlid. I know its a bit of a long shot but has anyone kept any bettas with cichlids?

This is generally not a good idea IMO. Even the most peaceful cichlids are still likely to nip at the betta. Your severum should grow large enough to eat it.

Had a betta in with a cichlid bc it was the only place to put her til she spit the babies. Took her out the next day but not before she nipped most of the bettas fins. I would say no go.

:welcome:

I would also have to say no. I'm not sure I would classify some of your fish as "peaceful". ;)

u shldnt have a betta in there... but id be a hypocrite if i said no its not possible. i had a male and female betta in with multiple mbuna and not a single fin-nip or chase among them. they were in there for over a month til i put them in a separate tank cos his bubble nests were constantly destroyed. (the male had short fins naturally!! not a long finned betta!!)
but yes the severum will prob eat it :L

i have decided not to do it, the betta can stay on his own with the neons :)

Back
Top Bottom