Bit of advice :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigDave12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 U.S gallon tank with a good external filtration system, it is a couple of months old now with alot of juvenile fish I am hoping to grow up together, My tank is also full of deep rock work with so many caves for the mbuna :)

Here is the list of fish I have bought, just want abit of advice in how all the fish will get along together as they grow up, if anyone has any bad experiences with any of these fish i will be glad to know so hopefully I can avoid such experiences.

5 yellow labidochromis
5 rusty cichlids
2 mainganos (breeding pair)
3 zebra obliquedens (1 male 2 females)
2 alunocara (not sure which type)
2 alunocara firefish
2 alunocara jacobfreibergi eureka (
4 cynotilapia afra jalo reef

:welcome: to AA!

In a 55 that's to many Cichlids and the peacocks shouldn't really be stocked with the mbuna. The mbuna will stress them out and fade their colors. I had a few rustys aswell and ended up with one female. The male was so aggressive or better yet wanting to breed all the time it stressed and killed all my female rustys and a few female mbamba till my afra laid him down to rest. So I'd aim for a higher number with them but the rest looks good to me.

Back
Top Bottom