Black appearing on my yellow lab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dunnegary

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Need help? Black has been appearing on my lab.he got it before but it went now its come back worse. What could this be?

image-158645686.jpg

]

Attachments

• image-158645686.jpg
    image-158645686.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 87
I've kept mbunas up until a month ago. Some of my labs looked like that too. They were usually the "bosses" lol so dominance is probably right. :)

Thank god he is ok so thanks and he is lying around a lot to. I think he is just tryin to get the female over to his area would I be right in sayin that

He is just sittin in one spot goes around for swim every so often but goes straight back.the female is far side of the tank and paying him no attention

He is just sittin in one spot goes around for swim every so often but goes straight back.the female is far side of the tank and paying him no attention

Hmmm. I couldn't tell ya. A lot of mine just kinda sat around too. It was either them sitting around or chasing each other. Maybe it's his territory and he's chillin out and guarding it. But just sitting there isn't breeding behavior anyway. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. :)

How old is it? I have one that's about seven years old and it has the same markings and is by no means dominate. Mine didn't develop these until a few years ago.

Not sure of his age I bought him full grown a few months ago this is his second time to get black markins

What is your stock he probly not getting along with one of you fis in the tank and is trying to warn it off with the new color

I have a yellow lab that does the same thing I dont think you need to worry he also sits in the same spot it sounds like normal behaviour to me.

Hey all.. Sorry to jump on this thread but I want to share an experience.

I just did a 60% water change on my 55 gal with convicts, jewels, and 4 yellow labs.. Several minutes after I noticed some of the labs laying on there sides breathing heavily. I noticed the temperature had gone from 80 to 86.. I was able to get it down but lost 3 labs in the process..

Anyone else noticed sensitivity In labs temperature wise?

Hey all.. Sorry to jump on this thread but I want to share an experience.

I just did a 60% water change on my 55 gal with convicts, jewels, and 4 yellow labs.. Several minutes after I noticed some of the labs laying on there sides breathing heavily. I noticed the temperature had gone from 80 to 86.. I was able to get it down but lost 3 labs in the process..

Anyone else noticed sensitivity In labs temperature wise?

All fish are sensitive to temperature fluctuations like that. Be careful when doing water changes

Back
Top Bottom