Black calvus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mscherer63

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just picked one up, they seem hard to find.... Anyone had any experience with them?

Idk they just said black calvus , I good friends with the owner at the lfs. He said he's only able to get them once every couple years

There more available here in the UK I'm not sure whether to get black or white. Have you got a picture of yours ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 2 Congo black and 2 white calvus and they are awesome they don't bother the other fish and they are beautiful fish myself I think the white ones look better as adults because the black ones really get dark and it's hard to see all the details on them. Also they are very slow growing fish. Good luck with these awesome fishImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389309387.593602.jpg

Thanks I have posted a question about my stocking on another thread maybe you could have a look at that.

I really like calvus thanks for sharing your picture, I see the Julie tried to photo bomb lol.

Calvus are awesome fish. They get 3-5" as adults depending on sex. Usually very mild mannered but can with stand more aggressive fish like mbuna. When threatened they will bend their bodies so their scales become sharp points to destroy the attacks lips. I had a Black calvus (or black congo same thing) but lost him when i moved. So i bought 5 similiar sunset compressiceps for $20 and I love them

Yeah I'm in the process of setting up a lake tang community tank with pair of calvus or compressiceps, pair of julie transcriptus gombe, pair of leleupi, pair of brichardi or pulcher and ornatipinnis for shellie action plus 6 cyprichromis leptosoma for upper tank activity.

Back
Top Bottom