black convict and green terror question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pookie71384

Aquarium Advice Activist
can a single green terror be housed with a single female black convict in a 29 gallon tank??...I plan on keeping just those together...need advise

Well the terror will get large, but over all I would think you could keep them as long as you get them small together same size and let them grow together.

thanks a lot...I been doing research on them on the internet...they get about 7 or 8 inches long...once I had two oscars around 8 inches long in my 29 gallon tank and they were fine but I gave them to the petshop because I new there were going to get bigger and I new a 29 gallon wouldn't be good for them...I got attached to them lol...had them since they were less then a inch long

matter of fact my display picture is one of them...the albino tiger I had...you can see how big he or she was in my hand

Green terror is really one of my favoirte fish, I just happen to have a large Jack Dempsey right now. Would love another green terror if I could find a larger one for the tank. Or something else cool, bad thing went to the fish shop and saw a Stingray, 90.00 ouch, but I really want one.

I just called petland and they have a 2 inch red terror...24.99...I'm mad I don't have the money to get it right now...hopefully its there when I get my check next week...pray for me lol

I'd advise against the convict ad GT in a 29. When I started the hobby, I had to return a GT because he was such a bully. He beat up an Oscar and convict at the same time. He's too big for a 29 by himself.

the red terror is worse in every conceivable way. Don't buy one unless you have a 125g long term.

thanks...I been looking at videos on youtube of green and red terrors and they look to massive to be in a 29 gallon tank with other fish yet alone by themselves...I been looking online for another tank mate for my convict and I can't find anything...I'm starting to just give up

Don't do that, so many options out there. How big is your Convict?? Need to know that before I start advising fish as getting one the same size would be best. If he is small so many options

thanks...I been looking at videos on youtube of green and red terrors and they look to massive to be in a 29 gallon tank with other fish yet alone by themselves...I been looking online for another tank mate for my convict and I can't find anything...I'm starting to just give up

she is small...she's only about 2 inches I would say...about the size of my pinky

Back
Top Bottom