Black neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I want mine to breed and I thnk I have a pair so would it help then to keep tjem alone or have another fish in there with them and its a twenty gallon tall

So I bought 6 tetras not sure what kind but I also bought another bolivian sowhat do you think of the stocking for a20 gal tall its 4 bolivian rams and 6 tetras and 1 pitbull pleco

You cannot have 4 bolivians in a twenty gallon, get at least a 50 or a 55 if you want 4 bolivians. And they should be two pairs.

So I bought 6 tetras not sure what kind but I also bought another bolivian sowhat do you think of the stocking for a20 gal tall its 4 bolivian rams and 6 tetras and 1 pitbull pleco
You have a couple issues. Too many Bolivians and not enough pitbulls. Also, sorry, but its not a good idea to buy fish without knowing what they are. Not all species of tetra are compatable with Bolivians and some tetras are too big for a 20 tall.
You should keep 2 Bolivian maximum in a 20. Also, pitties need friends to be happy, so give him a buddy. Having a trio would be even better, but a pair is to.
Also, if you want your Bolivians to breed, they would be better off alone since plecos of all varieties love caviar.

absolutangel04 said:
You have a couple issues. Too many Bolivians and not enough pitbulls. Also, sorry, but its not a good idea to buy fish without knowing what they are. Not all species of tetra are compatable with Bolivians and some tetras are too big for a 20 tall.
You should keep 2 Bolivian maximum in a 20. Also, pitties need friends to be happy, so give him a buddy. Having a trio would be even better, but a pair is to.
Also, if you want your Bolivians to breed, they would be better off alone since plecos of all varieties love caviar.

Well the pitties I had 2 but one died randomly not sure parameters were fine but I will be upgrading to a55 were ill be adding some more bolivian rams oh and ill upload a pic of the tetras

Well the pitties I had 2 but one died randomly not sure parameters were fine but I will be upgrading to a55 were ill be adding some more bolivian rams
Well, thats good. Upgrading is always fun. Do try to get another pittie if you can to make your guy happy. :)
So, how many Bolivians are you planning on keeping in the 20 long term? I would still advise just keeping 2 in there and not getting more until you upgrade.

absolutangel04 said:
Well, thats good. Upgrading is always fun. Do try to get another pittie if you can to make your guy happy. :)
So, how many Bolivians are you planning on keeping in the 20 long term? I would still advise just keeping 2 in there and not getting more until you upgrade.

well Ihave my 55 set up already but my fluval 304 is leaking so I have to wait til I get paid this week and buy new filtration

So these are the tetras

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111003_213209.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111003_213209.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 71
  • ForumRunner_20111003_213224.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111003_213224.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 59
  • ForumRunner_20111003_213237.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111003_213237.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 64
Truthfully, I am not sure what those are. I looked at pics of Pristella, lemon, and Buenos Aires tetras, but none of the look right. You should probably start a different thread and ask people to help id them to make sure they are suitable for your tank. You don't want anything that will harass your Bolivians in the future. :)

Truthfully, I am not sure what those are. I looked at pics of Pristella, lemon, and Buenos Aires tetras, but none of the look right. You should probably start a different thread and ask people to help id them to make sure they are suitable for your tank. You don't want anything that will harass your Bolivians in the future. :)

I have to agree with you absolutangel04, I have a school of 8 black neons and they're definitely not that! They look more like raspboras to me, either reticulate or emerald eye, not to say you don't know what you bought (tetra or not) but you know lfs employees. If the tank is labeled wrong and you don't know for sure, you might get anything! I was sold a bolivian ram as a juvenile german blue ram as I could'nt identify it. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom