Blast from the past..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aski247

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey hey, been a few years since I think I've posted, kinda got out of the hobby(not completely I had like 5 beta bowls ???)

But looking to pick up a 75g this weekend. So need stocking ideas.

Anyone that may remember me knows my love for the Amph family, however now that I'm a couple years older, and have a bit more money these days, I don't think I'm looking to go the "wet pet" rout.

I was thinking of something colorful, like pair of salvini, or chocolate, and then like some sort of schooling fish to help pluck off any fry. And maybe one cat, like a jag or something around that size.

Only problem is I know a guy who is spawning... Chanco's, trimac's, festae, and Lyonsi...all of which are in my wheel house. And my willingness to slap down the card and give Jeff a call ???

Basically I'd like opinions on, if someone who has kept aggressive tanks most of his life(me) try to just switch over to a community or will I get bored? And regret not getting a beastly pair?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I figured as much haha I am looking to build a 300g down the line. I work for a glass company so getting half inch scrap glass is no problem.

Guess I'll have to find out who has some f1 lyonsi or barred Midas. ??

Hey looks who's back from the dead! It's too late as everyone has left the forum since it sucks pretty bad now... I've got lyonsi fry but couldn't tell you what generation they are as they were local auction fish.

Yeah I see a lot have left and it's pretty dead.

Guess a bunch of adults don't like to be treated as kids haha.

So I'm going to get another 135 so I can have a breeding pair of whatever I decide. Hopefully I can add some small stuff to pick off the fry when they free swim ???

Yeah, not many left really. Gilly left, Cbourg got banned, Mike is here from time to time, Mog is busy with life and his litter of children lol

Bahahaha luckly all I have to worry about now is my terrible addiction to my "free to play"(not free at all. I could easily have a 5,000+ gallon set up by now for what I've dropped ??) app game and my dog. ???

Sooooo.. The 135 is ordered along with a fx5 I still have 2 ac110's that hopefully will help seed it, idk after 2-3 years of being dried up if they will..

Now I've narrowed it down, it's gonna be a spawning pair..

1. Lyonsi since I never kept them.
2. Festae cause well.. They rock.
3. Chancho's(from a local guy in my old club)
4. Trimac's (from same club member) I believe the chancho's and Mac's would be F2)

My problem would be locating f1 for the first two options. I'm not gonna pay for wilds when there is such a high chance for casualties with all these species.

Let me hear some suggestions ?

I've bred all of those besides Chanchos so they get my vote! I've got a fairly large lyonsi pair now who produce every 5-6 weeks.

I've bred all of those besides Chanchos so they get my vote! I've got a fairly large lyonsi pair now who produce every 5-6 weeks.

Yeah and they are a awesome pair, and I do love my Amph's!

But idk if the wife will like them being with out any color.. ??

She wants the festae cause she says they look like they have eyebrows.. So they have a actual face. ???

What kind of duggie is in your avatar? Apbt? Beaut...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He's the reason I kinda got out the hobby for some time, I spent a lot of time working with him to have a pretty decent temperament. And I work with him still at least a couple days a week, naturally as he's got older he's calmed down, so now I have time to put towards another tank haha. Hence the thread. ??

Oh boy!. that's a heck of a mix. . That face! We just got this little girl. She's a sweet heart, little pissy with aggressive dogs but who isn't..

Attachments

• 1467767239998.jpg
    1467767239998.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 49
Aww def a cutie, and that's the thing, mine isn't allowed to be with any other dog unsupervised.

Not even his brother, not because he's dog aggressive, but because of the "what if" factor and his so strong he could kill my little 10 pound shorkie(shitzu/yorkie) mix in a single bite.

Oddly the little guy is the boss and often bites and bullies my.. Well.. Bully ????

I'm so happy of the time I spent with him that he thinks all dogs are to be played with and not attacked or threatened. It's almost annoying haha

My only knock on him is I wish he liked water, I've never seen such a 90lb sissy when the hose is turned on. ???

Oh and his prey drive is unreal.. Any small animal besides a dog he goes absolutely bat S crazy for.. Like cats, squirrels, birds. He wants to either hunt or kill or fight, idk maybe play.. He's never be able to get to any but his body language is not that of a fan of any of them lol. And that's another reason he has to be chained when he goes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahah, mine will chase geese into the river, she's a gamer, squirrels are on the menu. She is slowly getting better on leash with other dogs, unfortunately I think her reactivity was based off how nervous I was with her around dogs. She was a fighter from. Tennessee (not confirmed but so many scars). The kicker... she is best buds with the cats. Haha big ole mean pitty huh??note that it's her crate and her new bed.. couldn't ask for a better dog. We lucked out big time. I've always been drawn to the pits and Presa breed. Talk about looks with attitude to match!

Attachments

• 1467767903091.jpg
    1467767903091.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 46
  • 1467767913339.jpg
    1467767913339.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 1467767979600.jpg
    1467767979600.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 61
Back to fish though.. here's a nice one! What do you think? (Hukit's fav)

Attachments

• 1467768130154.jpg
    1467768130154.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom