blasting sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We are redoing our cichlid tank and use blasting sand the first time around and this time wen I went to get some the package says " product must stay dry" I picked it up anyway as its only 7$ but thinking I'm goin to have to get play sand. Also with my first bag it said pre washed this one don't (assuming BC it says product must stay dry) has any one else seen this change? I really want black tho.

The first one is of the first time I got it and the second is the new one

ForumRunner_20130124_104605.jpg

ForumRunner_20130124_104618.jpg

I would think it says "keep dry" for the purpose of sandblasting. I doubt it's any different than before.

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Ilk see if its the same wen I wash it. The whole thing that really threw me off was one said washed and than the other doesn't. Also does it matter the size of the sand(grain size)

I have that sand in my tank and really like it

Fish enjoy digging in it as well

Attachments

• image-2691025420.jpg
    image-2691025420.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 98
I washed mine a lot but it still made my water really cloudy, however it clear up in a couple hours with filters running

I used it the time I set up the tank but the bottom of the tank cracked so I wanted get new sand for the new tank but wen it said product must stay dry i got a lil nervous cause the first bag didn't say it. But all went well washed the sand for wat seemed like forever in tank fill tank there was a lil cloud that cleared up with in a half hr. Water temp matched after about an he than did accumulation and they were good. Outta buckets and back in tank happy.

Where are the pics lol?

Here u go. We are still waiting for our drift wood tho come in so we can go naturak , it been almost two weeks I think Monday I will call and see. Sorry pics are bad my tablet sucks for pics. And for some reason every time I try to up load a pic from my camera card the app crash's. I'll have to Digg out the lap top later. Current stock is 2 yellow tail acei,a yellow lab 2 feather fin cats, a white pleco, and a clown pleco. The yellow tailed acei one aff and the yellow pleco will be moved to a 75 as soon as our drift wood comes in and can set it up. This tank is in my 1.5 yr holds room and once everyone gets moved we will be stocking around our mellow yellow lab for a peacock tank and another yellow lab.

I know the sand slops to the front my affs do this to drive me nutts.

ForumRunner_20130127_100305.jpg

ForumRunner_20130127_100318.jpg

ForumRunner_20130127_100329.jpg

We also ordered plants which I'm sure will not stay where I put them. But as long as it don't hurt the fish or the tank they can do as they please to there home.

Back
Top Bottom