Bloat cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stonefly

Aquarium Advice Regular
Had anyone ever heard of a medicine from Dr. Discus called bacter-cure? I went to the lfs and they gave me this medicine for treatment. I don't have a quarantine tank right now and t this is what they gave me, did it should work. I believe i caught it in the early stage so hopefully they are! Only one fish is showing symptoms.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok so no one has responded... thanks!!! I have went out and purchased a 10 gal hospital tank,and i am treating with medicine and salt. Any suggestions now??

I have heard of people feeding peas to help clear them out. I tried it when I thought my keyi had bloat but it ended up being fine after taking a large poop. Don't know if the peas helped or not. I bought frozen peas microwaved them with a little water for a few seconds then peeled the shell and fed them to my tank after they cooled enough.

Peas! Other veggies like cucumber...also fasting the fish for a day.

I bought some metronidazole and am mesicating right now. Tied feeding it earlier and wouldn't eat

What type of food are you feeding with the metro? Also did u use (binder) focus

Take food mix with seachem focus 5 measures and seachem metro 1-2 measures than mix and feed and let it do it's work
do not over feed them to try and get most meds in, it takes time

I don't think he will make through this, he is not eating. But i will keep on medicating until he makes our not!

What type of fish is it? I medicated bloat over course of a month in my main tank I took mysis shrimp frozen let it dethaw mixed 5 measures of focus and 2 measures of metro and clumped it together and spoon fed its slow working but keep up with it and hopefully it will work for you also don't feed to much protein during treatment only feed metro than let them fast rest of day and than next day feed de shelled peas it helps clear intestines out

Bloating

Had anyone ever heard of a medicine from Dr. Discus called bacter-cure? I went to the lfs and they gave me this medicine for treatment. I don't have a quarantine tank right now and t this is what they gave me, did it should work. I believe i caught it in the early stage so hopefully they are! Only one fish is showing symptoms.

Hello stone...

A little fiber in your fishes' diet will help. Vegetables are the best source. I prefer minced garlic. It's high fiber, high vitamin and contains a natural antibiotic. Very healthy if you get a brand with very few ingredients. Spice World has a good product. No preservatives or other additives. Just garlic and water. I feed it regularly to my fish. They love it.

B

What type of fish is it? I medicated bloat over course of a month in my main tank I took mysis shrimp frozen let it dethaw mixed 5 measures of focus and 2 measures of metro and clumped it together and spoon fed its slow working but keep up with it and hopefully it will work for you also don't feed to much protein during treatment only feed metro than let them fast rest of day and than next day feed de shelled peas it helps clear intestines out

He is a Red Empress, not good with genealogy names. I am tying not to feed him until I see poop on the tank bottom, should i be feeding him once daily even if he won't eat? I fear the worst is going to happen, but I won't give up!!!

Just a quick update, he ids still alive! Starting to be more active and liking a lot less bloated. I think his appetite is coming back to, i haven't seen him eat anything but i have seen him mouth a pellet or two. Doing 50% water changes every 2duds and keeping him medicated for a few more days as well!

Just a quick update, he ids still alive! Starting to be more active and liking a lot less bloated. I think his appetite is coming back to, i haven't seen him eat anything but i have seen him mouth a pellet or two. Doing 50% water changes every 2duds and keeping him medicated for a few more days as well!

Nice good luck!!

I had a silver dollar with bloat and researched. Tried the peas but it wouldn't eat. I went to a little Asian guy LFS who shocked me by saying to sterilise a sewing needle, prick it's stomach and gently push the air out. There was no way I was doing that but my hubby said fish survive with hooks pulled out etc and he carried out what seems to be barbaric remedy. It WORKED! The air came out and he was as good as gold pretty much immediately and I was able to return him to the DT. That was over 12mths ago but sadly, I just lost the whole 4 of them and others with my house move....that's another story.

Back
Top Bottom