Blood Parrot tank mate suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trioracles

Aquarium Advice Activist
Goldfish are my favorite fish. Since i want to start a new tank, i would like to have a community tank. I was thinking of getting red blood parrots but i heard they're not too good with other small fish such as cardinal tetras, angelfish, etc. Blood parrots are so cute and pretty. I was also thinking about discus but they are for experienced fish keepers and i would hate for them to die.

I would like a fish to have similar characteristics of goldfish. If possible , i would like to find a tropical fish that has a nice flowing tale, very active and greets you, sort of a circular body, a medium to semi large in size, and bright colored. Im basically describing goldfish, blood parrots, and discus lol.

Maybe it would be easier to tell you what i want in my new tank.
-cardinal tetras
-other tetras
-angelfish
-cherry shrimp
-shark
-blood parrot
-african cichlid
-molly
-rams
-gouramis

Would any of my selections clash with one another?

I know that the African Cichlids will clash with the others. I don't know much about blood parrots though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Goldfish are my favorite fish. Since i want to start a new tank, i would like to have a community tank. I was thinking of getting red blood parrots but i heard they're not too good with other small fish such as cardinal tetras, angelfish, etc. Blood parrots are so cute and pretty. I was also thinking about discus but they are for experienced fish keepers and i would hate for them to die.

I would like a fish to have similar characteristics of goldfish. If possible , i would like to find a tropical fish that has a nice flowing tale, very active and greets you, sort of a circular body, a medium to semi large in size, and bright colored. Im basically describing goldfish, blood parrots, and discus lol.

Maybe it would be easier to tell you what i want in my new tank.
-cardinal tetras
-other tetras
-angelfish
-cherry shrimp
-shark
-blood parrot
-african cichlid
-molly
-rams
-gouramis

Would any of my selections clash with one another?

Yeah, most African cichlids won't work in this type setup, its also not advisable to mix new world cichlids(parrot) with old world (Africans). You are correct about discus being highly difficult as well as highly expensive.

The gourami would be a perfect centerpiece in tank of tetras or barbs.

I have two blood parrots. I did a lot of research before I bought them. They're in a 75 gal tank with 2 firemouth cichlids and 4 silver dollars. Everyone gets alone really good.

I have a 125 gallon tank I. It I have a long finned Oscar a blood parrot ,jack Dempsey, convict,plus b1 baby convict ( it not been guarded in a couple months) green terror 2 Angels 4 silver dollars a Pleco and a feather fin cat . They. Been together for months with no problems and are 90% grown.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom