Blood Parrot tankmates? please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TxFrog

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I decided to get a second tank and split my fish. Now, I'm looking to get a tank mate or two for my juvenile BP fish (2), their tank is 55 gals.. I was thinking on getting a Firemouth Cichlid and a baby Electric Blue Jack Dempsey, is that a bad idea?

Welcome!

IME-it's based on their aggression level. I have two BRP's that are very mellow that do best with rainbow cichlids and an RTS.

In other tank (VERY recently acquired stock), the BRP is kept with a JD. The prior owner has had the two together with other fish for years. They're in a 75g tank with no problems.

Firemouths should make good tankmates provided they're not a spawning pair.

I hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your responce, I was starting to doubt this site haha..

My Parrots are also very mellow, actually on the shy side. I think I've decided to get one or two juveniles Firemouth Cichlids and maybe some Ram or Rainbow Cichlids. What's an RTS?

Jacks are so beautiful, specially the Electric Blue but I'm a little intimidated by its potencial growth/size. Thanks for your responce, it helped me make a decition.

No problem:)

An RTS is a red-tailed shark.

I have found rainbow cichlids to be FABULOUS tankmates for Bloody Parrots. They are some of my favorite fish and very fun to keep. The contrast looks amazing as well.

Back
Top Bottom