Blood parrots and angels together in a 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lawdawg18

Aquarium Advice Regular
Wonder how angels and bloop parrots would do together in a 55 gal tank.
Some people say yea some say no, so I'm looking for more opinions.
Also is there a smaller colorful fish I could add to go along with these? I Have a empty 29gal I could put either the parrots or angels in but I was really wanting to put barbs in the 29.

Hmm, I've kept angels and parrots but never together. The parrots are strange in that they are somewhat aggresive, but not that effective at it. Their strange mouth and body shapes seem to make it difficult for them to be great at bullying, but no one seems to be able to bully them either.

I suppose if they were similar sizes it might work, as long as the angels accept their second place standing. I would definetly want the angels to be a little bit smaller then the parrots, since the angels will move and bite better then the parrots.

I don't think I'd try to keep the two together. BPs can get really nasty as they mature and breeding angels are no picnic either. I'm afraid you'd have constant squabbling for territory and lots of stress and injury to deal with. Maybe it wouldn't be too much of a hassle in a larger tank, but a 55 gallon isn't going to provide the space needed, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom